While their is a common misconception that someone who is struggling with addiction is easily recognizable, the truth is that some people are high-functioning addicts, meaning they can manage a job and daily responsibilities but still struggle with addiction. A person does not have to reach rock-bottom in order to be in need of addiction treatment. Here are a few qualities of a high-functioning addict.
Qualities of a High-Functioning Addict
- They don’t believe they have an issue.
- Their alcohol and drug use doesn’t cause devastating consequences.
- They micromanage their life.
- The surround themselves with people who drink or use like they do.
- They don’t experience hangovers or are able to complete their everyday tasks and responsibilities.
- They are not aware that help is available.