Self-acceptance plays a big part in a person’s confidence, self-esteem, and, most importantly, happiness. In order to have high self-esteem we must except ourselves for who we are. This includes recognizing both our weaknesses and strengths. Below is a list of tips to help people practice self-acceptance.
1. Become Aware – Recognize when you’re comparing, judging, or criticizing yourself and then bring yourself back to self acceptance.
2. Practice – Make step number one a habit by practicing it over and over again.
3. Let Judgement Go – Remember that all bodies are beautiful.
4. Be Your Own Friend – Practice self acceptance by asking yourself “Would I say this to a friend?”
5. Get Connected to Your Body – Recognize what your body needs and when your body needs it (food, sleep, rest).