If a loved one is going through recovery from substance abuse addiction, you might be wondering how to act and what things you can do to offer that person support. Having support while going through an addiction treatment program is necessary and extremely beneficial for a successful recovery. Here are a few ways in which you can support your loved one during this time.
- Be available. Show your loved one that you are there for them whenever they need to talk or just someone to listen.
- Offer them a place to stay. Allow them to stay at your place so that they have someone to turn to.
- Explore hobbies together. Taking up a hobby is a great way for your loved one to keep substance abuse off their mind and participate in healthy activities.
- Suggest support groups. Encourage your loved one to attend a support group so that they can see they are not alone.
- Love them unconditionally. Show them genuine care instead of judgement.
Click HERE for the full article on Life Hack.