About 10-15% of people in the world have an addictive personality, according to an article by Dr. Stephen Mason on Psychology Today. People with addictive personalities can often succumb to an addiction of some sort, whether is be drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, shopping, or any other type. Mason describes an addiction as an “out of control habit.” So the difference between someone with an addictive personality versus someone without is the difference between using and abusing. Below is a list of five signs that are commonly found in people with addictive personalities.
- Inability to control impulsive behavior
- Weak commitment to personal goals and values
- Constant stress and anxiety
- Recurring themes of social alienation
- Mood swings and negative self worth
Click HERE for the full article by Roxanna Jaiden on Mind Body Green.