In a world so obsessed about social media, it’s easier than ever to fall into the trap of comparing your life to others’ lives. We see snippets of others’ lives on social media all the time and instinctively, but unfortunately, end up comparing ourselves to what we see on the screen.
Social Media Does Not Determine Happniess
The thing about social media is that it is so easy to manipulate photos to only show only a portion of a story, often leaving out any “messy” part of life. A person’s life might look amazing from what you can see in the photos, yet what photos can’t tell you is how that person is really feeling or what they’re really going through.
Using others’ social media lives to measure your own happiness is detrimental to your health. Instead, take a look at the list below of habits of genuinely happy people. Do you already do some of these things? You probably do and you might even be happier than you think!
Do you Have Any of These Traits
- Happy people celebrate the success of others
- They have a variety of coping strategies that they can use when they feel stressed
- They are content with what they have
- Instead of worrying, they problem solve
- They forgive easily and they forgive themselves
- They sleep well
- The laugh easily
- They hang out with others who are also happy people
- They look forward to specific things
- They smile even when they are alone
- They have a sense of satisfaction from something in their lives
- They experience gratitude frequently
- They are hardly ever bored
- They take care of their bodies
This list is general and does not mean that you are not a happy person if some of these things are not working for you right now. However, if you are looking to improve your happiness and well-being, beginning to implement a few of these things would be a great start!
Click HERE for the full article on Lifehack.