Overdose Awareness Day
In 2014, more than 47,000 people in the United States died from drug overdose, according to the United Nations’ World Drug Report. August 31st, 2016 is international Overdose Awareness Day. Here are five ways which you can participate.
- Educate others about addiction to help reduce the stigma.
- Share your experiences with addiction and recovery to provide inspiration for others.
- Host an event to bring people together on this day.
- Wear silver, the official color of International Overdose Awareness Day.
- Post on social media using hashtag #OverdoseAware2016.
Click HERE to learn more on Psychology Today.