Emotional intelligence is described by Psychology Today as the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others. It is an important skill to have yet it is often overlooked.
According to Daniel Goleman, leader in research surrounding how emotional intelligence makes people successful, everyone can benefit from some emotional intelligence advice.
Below is a list of qualities of an emotionally intelligent person.
How to Tell if Someone is Emotionally Intelligent
- They are aware of how their feelings operate and know how to deal with them
- They don’t break under pressure often, but when they do then they quickly recover
- When they are upset with someone, they don’t hide it, they confront them in an effective way
- They don’t allow their failures to hold them back from reaching their goals
- They are able to understand the perspective of others and can, therefore, communicate easier with others
- They are emotionally empathetic
- They are great listeners
- They are able to communicate their thoughts in a clear and efficient way
- They make the people around them feel calm
Click HERE for the full article by Alexia LaFata on Elite Daily.