Lessons About Sobriety
Kelly Fitzgerald celebrated her three years sober from drugs and alcohol on May 7, 2016. Throughout her three years of sobriety, she has learned many important lessons and wishes to share them with others who are also in recovery.
- Sobriety is a lifestyle.
- Every day is a brand new day, which means another chance to start new.
- Each year of sobriety is different.
- Self-care is crucial for recovery.
- Emotions are temporary.
- Triggers will always be there.
- It is okay to say no.
- Having strong coping mechanisms helps to stay sober.
- You must forgive yourself first before you can forgive others.
- You are enough.
- Sobriety is not boring.
- Joy can be found in the simplest of moments.
- Recovery is not a destination, it’s a process.
- One of the most powerful things you can do is share your story.
- You are worthy of recovery.
Click HERE for Kelly Fitzgerald’s full list of sobriety lessons on The Fix.